Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Day 14,15, &16 of Jeremy's Ride

Day Sixteen: This was a very long and difficult ride. We rode 103 miles today and we had to work for each and every mile. The winds blew from every direction with the majority of the winds coming out of the east. We saw many wind generators on both sides of the road. The scenery was very bland with lots of hills and barren ground. There was a lot of road kills with skunks being the most seen dead animal. Who ever wrote “Dead Skunk on the Road” must have lived in Texas. There is a lot of oil exploration going on in this area. Jeremy was highly motivated to ride the 100 miles. I was unable to keep up with him and when we arrived in Ozona I was exhausted and Jeremy was as excited as I have ever seen him. We did make it to Ozona in time to see the final games of the NCAA tournament.

Day Seventeen, April 8, 2008: We left Ozona at 9:30 after a good breakfast. This was a very challenging day. The challenges were the wind, not the hills. I have never observed such wild and crazy winds. The other challenge was riding another day on the Interstate. Writing the Interstate is really boring and another day on the Interstate was starting to take it’s toll on our morale as all you do is ride. After today we only have 20 miles left to ride on I-10 and then we are back on the Adventure Cycling bike route. That is something we are all looking forward to. We may take a rest day. Also, some really bad weather is starting to happen in the area we are heading into.

No comments:


You can donate online safely and securely with a credit card!

My name is Jeremy Winkelman. I am 29-years-old and live in Huntington, Indiana.

My photo
I enjoy helping others. I'm a hard worker.